ATHENS March 2018 - Course: Application of Ionizing Radiation
Arrival date: Friday, March 16, 2017
Departure date: Saturday morning, March 24
Accommodation: booked from Friday, March 16, till Saturday, March 24, 8 nights.
A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5, 6, 8 10 bed rooms, price: 350 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night
breakfast is not included! It is possible to order breakfast for 80 CZK (3 EUR) a day
(map, how to get, etc.)
The hostel informs their guests should bring their own towels - there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay in czech crowns for accommodation because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday, March 17, Orientation meeting: at 11 am, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Technická 2, Prague 6, room T2-135.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 35 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns!
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 25,45 CZK (11. 3. 2018)
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, March 17, at 1:20 pm - Prague guided walk, meeting point: corner of the Zikova and Solinova Street, see map.
- On Sunday, March 18, at 1:15 pm - meeting point in front of the hostel - Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place - organized by CTU students.
- On Wednesday, March 21 - an excursion to the National Technical Museum (Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- On Friday, March 23 - Farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 - see map.
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague - fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague - city
- Map of Prague
Course starts on Monday, March 19, at 8:40 am
PDF versions of lectures and experimental exercises are available at password-protected web-page (for password see e-mail).